A pre-listing inspection gives you several advantages over other sellers. Identifying issues during the inspection and making necessary repairs can save you a lot of time and money at the negotiating table. It shows potential buyers your home is an "open book" and you're being upfront about the property. These potential buyers are assured that there are no surprises and are more likely to make an offer.
Sell your home with confidence with a pre-listing inspection from Home Doctors. This inspection is often overlooked during real estate transactions and can save you thousands of dollars. Take the stress out of selling your home and list your home with confidence.
- Clean gutters of debris and leaves; repair or replace cracked or broken gutters, downspouts, and extensions.
- Replace bathroom caulk or grouting where necessary to prevent seepage and improve appearance.
- Trim trees and shrubs which touch or overhang the house.
- Apply new caulking and weather stripping around doors and windows as needed.
- Install a dehumidifier in basements and crawlspaces to prevent excessive moisture and humidity.
- Regrade soil around the foundation as needed to keep water away from the house.
- Replace dirty filters in the heating and air conditioning systems.
- Have the heating and air conditioning systems professionally serviced.
- Have chimneys professionally cleaned and install chimney caps or hoods as needed.